Tuesday, May 6, 2008

How Close Are You To God?

Here is a simple two-fold test to see exactly how close you are to the Lord.

1. How Sensitive Are You To Sin? – The closer you are to Jesus, the more sensitive you will be to sin, because sin is the one thing God hates. Movies that I liked as a youth are now very disturbing for me to watch because of the cursing and immoral behavior. It’s not that the movies have changed but that I have drawn closer to God and as a result have become more sensitive to the things that God hates.

2. How Separate Are You From Sin? – The man who is truly saved and abiding in Jesus does not even want to be around sin. The one you are close to is the one you will act like.

a. If you are living like Jesus, it is because you are close to Jesus.
b. If you are living like Satan it is because you are close to the devil.

John 15:5: I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

If you are abiding in the Righteous vine, you will be bearing righteous fruit.

No comments: