Saturday, December 5, 2009

Things I Learned Living on the Roof

Living on the roof of the church for 30hrs gives you lots of time to think and observe thing. So, I though I would share some of the things I learned with you.

1. There are a lot of roosters near the church and they start crowing well before sunrise.
2. Tents leak. Particular the old one I was using.
3. The steeple needs painting.
4. When you are setting up “house” on top of a church and the Sherriff’s Deputy asks if you are “OK”, he is talking about your mental state and not your overall comfort level.
5. Thermoses full of hot chocolate break when they fall off the roof, both times.
6. Fat guy on a roof in December, not that unusual. Fat guy on a roof in December without a sleigh and reindeer gets some looks.
7. When you are sleeping in a tent shorter than you it leads to cramps, lots of cramps.
8. You have two kinds of friends – those who will join you on the roof and those who won’t. Not sure which ones are the smarter ones.
9. Thunder sounds a lot closer when you are on the roof.

And, the final thing I learned while on the roof was…

10. I would do it all over again even if it meant only one more soul being saved.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the blog and the photos. I would have loved to be one of the friends on the ground! Thank you for following through on your promise to go to the roof for the invitation of others to salvation!! By the way, I also would have loved hearing the conversation between you and the Deputy! Much love to all at Crossroads!!