Friday, July 18, 2008

Third Step, Seek The Face of God

In II Chronicles 7:14 we are told by God to “seek my face”. This phrase, as do many passages in the bible has multiple meanings. A word about passages with multiple meanings, they will never contradict each other or other passages from the Word of God. What I have found is when I think I have come across a conflict or error in the Word I have always found the error to be in my understanding and not God’s Word. Through much prayer and “rightly dividing” I have been able to resolve every perceived error that I have come across.

Back to our topic. The first meaning of the phrase “seek my face” is to give God your full attention. Recently I had my grandchildren staying with me. As is the nature with little ones sometimes they did not want to listen to what I was telling them. At these times, to get their full attention, I would lean down in front of them and gently take them by thee chin until they were looking directly into my face. Then I had their full attention. If we want God to heal our land then we must give Him our full attention all of the time, not just when things are going poorly and we need rescuing.

Secondly, “seek my face” can mean putting on the face of God. Like a mask we figuratively place our face into a God mask, so that we start to see the world through God’s eyes, Hear things as God hears them, when we speak we speak of the things that concern God. How different would our world be if the next time we went to the mall instead of looking for bargains were saw all of the lost and dying souls? Or, if the testimony of our tongue was to shared the Gospel at every opportunity? Do you want to see America healed? Begin seeking the face of God.

No comments: