Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Whose Fault is it?


As we see our country continue its slide into immorality & liberalism we are often face with the question “Whose fault is it?” Whose fault is the lack of Godliness in our elected leaders? Whose fault is the violence in our schools? Whose fault is the destruction of the institution of marriage? While it is easy to find those to blame, Satan, government, liberal school teachers, atheists II Chronicles 7:14 gives us a different viewpoint;

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I love the simplicity of the Bible, not only does this verse give us the recipe for turning our country around it also gives us the answer to our question. “My people” God is specifically speaking to his followers. As the Church goes so goes the country. If we want our land to be healed then we (the church) must turn back to God. Over the next few days, Lord willing, I am going to look at the solution to this problem and see what can be done about it according to the scripture.

No comments: